Statement of Intent
It is our intention to make the preschools within CAT Preschools Limited accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community. We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the preschools through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
- We ensure that the existence of all the preschools are widely advertised in places accessible to all sections of the community.
- We ensure that information about the preschools are accessible and are provided in written and spoken form. We will provide translated written materials where language needs of families suggest that this is required.
- If places within the preschools become restricted by numbers, equal priority in the following categories will be given, in order of birth date, to children:
- Living within the CAT Primary Schools catchment areas
- With siblings already attending the Primary Schools/Preschools, or who have had siblings who were previously registered with the group.
- Funded 2 year olds
- Funded 3/4 year olds
- Any children using all their allocated EYE funded hours (15hrs or 30hrs), whether within our CAT Preschools or with another provider, requiring additional hours will be charged in line with the current Payment Policy.
- We describe the preschools and its practices in terms that make it clear and that it welcomes both fathers and mothers, other relations and other carers, including childminders.
- We describe how our practices treat each child and their family, having regard to their needs arising from their gender, special educational needs, disabilities, social background, religion and ethnicity or from English being a newly acquired additional language.
- We describe how our practices enable children and/or parents with disabilities to take part in the life of the preschools.
- We monitor the gender and ethnic background of children joining the preschools to ensure that our intake is representative of social diversity.
- We make all our CAT Preschools Limited Policies and Procedures widely known.