Full Time, Permanent Primary Phase Special Educational Needs Coordinator
Full Time, Permanent
Primary Phase Special Educational Needs Coordinator
CHULMLEIGH PRIMARY SCHOOL
MPS/UPS + TLR2a (£2,721)
Required from September 2019
Chulmleigh Academy Trust is seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher able to lead by example who will build on the success of the current provision for our primary children with SEND and Pupil Premium entitlement. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an experienced and ambitious teacher to join the caring and nurturing environment of our primary phase community.
The successful candidate will be based at Chulmleigh Primary School, but will work closely with our primary phase Heads of School across our three primary schools located at Chulmleigh, Lapford and East Worlington.
This is an important role within our Academy and main responsibilities include:
- To professionally lead and manage SEND across the Primary Academy in accordance with the published SEN policy.
- To contribute to and develop strategies to ensure that pupils with SEND and Pupil Premium entitlement make good progress.
- Lead specialist teaching staff and teaching assistants and liaise with relevant staff, external agencies and parents.
- Co-ordinate the Academy’s primary schools’ Pupil Premium provision.
We would welcome applications from enthusiastic and committed teachers with experience at either EYFS, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2. The post includes a 0.5fte teaching responsibility.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about ensuring every child fulfils their potential.
- Have relevant experience and qualifications or be prepared to complete SENDCo training.
- Have achieved (or will undertake) Level 3 in Safeguarding.
- Demonstrate an understanding across the primary age range.
- Be able to build strong relationships and work effectively with colleagues.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills to allow effective communication with agencies, parents and colleagues.
An application form and job description are available below.
Completed application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates are also welcomed to submit an application through the TES website.
As employers, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and in that regard have appropriate policies and procedures. All staff undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and interviews will include questions about safeguarding children
Closing date: 10 am Tuesday, 30 April 2019
Interview Date: Thursday, 9 May 2019