Outdoor Education Coordinator
PART-TIME, FIXED TERM POST OF
OUTDOOR EDUCATION COORDINATOR
6 hours per week (term time only)
Grade D (£9.78 per hour)
At Chulmleigh Community College
Required as soon as possible
Applications are invited for the position of Outdoor Education Coordinator at Chulmleigh Community College. The successful candidate will proactively manage and promote the outdoor provision at Chulmleigh Academy Trust.
Responsibilities will include:
- The preparation and delivery of an annual programme of training events and activities for pupils. The key events will include Ten Tors and DofE and other activities considered appropriate to enhance the provision at the Trust.
- Completion of Risk Assessments and Evolve forms for outdoor education activities.
- Coordination of all adults involved in the provision of the activities, including volunteers.
- Ensuring that participants have access to sufficient training to ensure their competence and safety.
- Completion of all necessary administrative tasks relating to the provision of the activities, including registration of teams for events and payment of necessary fees.
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy outdoor activities and be passionate to share the experience with our pupils.
- Have excellent communication skills to allow effective communication with participants, parents and volunteers
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to respond to any first aid needs – a current First Aid qualification would be an advantage.
The post is for a total of 6 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks per annum). The work pattern will be flexible to allow adequate preparation and training prior to participation in key events. The post is fixed term until the end of August 2019.
If you have any questions about the role please contact the school on 01769 580215. An application form, job description and information about our standing and success are available on our website: https://tinyurl.com/VacanciesCAT
Completed application forms to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
As employers, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and in that regard have appropriate policies and procedures. All staff undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and interviews will include questions about safeguarding children
Closing date 10 am Tuesday, 16 October 2018
Interview Date Wednesday, 17 October 2018