Sports Premium Funding
Burrington Primary School has been in receipt of additional government funding specified as 'Sport Premium' since its introduction in September 2013. For the 2016/17 academic year each school in England will receive £8120 plus £5 per child on roll.
We aim to utilise Sports Premium funding to improve all aspects of Physical Activity. This includes maximising pupil progress, increasing participation in sport, professional development of staff and helping all our pupils to develop healthy lifestyles and positive attitudes towards Physical Education.
At Burrington Primary School, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
During the 2016/17 academic year, the sports premium funding will provide:
- Football and multi-skills curriculum sessions led by experienced coaches from Arsenal Football Club
- Weekly lunch time football club sessions delivered by Arsenal coaches.
- Transport to a local swimming pool and pool hire to enable all children to have swimming lessons taught by experienced swimming teachers.
- Transport to and entry fees for local inter-schools’ competitions.
- Purchase of new and replacement PE equipment.