The Chulmleigh College ethos is based on an overarching theme of inclusion: welcoming, encouraging and enabling all to achieve their best, whatever the challenges and starting point may be.
As a College we:
- Identify children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) and ensure provision is made in accordance with the SEND Code of Practice
- Have an appointed SENDCo (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator)
- Invest in College-wide targeted training for staff
- Ensure that teaching is inclusive and support practices are embedded throughout the College
- Ensure that ALL teachers understand that they are teachers of SEND
- Plan for transitions across all Key Stages
We do our very best to ensure that all pupils feel comfortable, confident and challenged whilst studying with us. For pupils with Special Educational Needs, we know that this sometimes means taking a different approach. Our staff are all fully trained and have regular updated training on working with SEND pupils to help them reach their potential.
Chulmleigh Academy Trust SEND Policy
Our Commitment to Equality
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Chulmleigh College. We have a passion to include everyone, and a deep desire to treat everyone equally. We accept others for who they are, and respect differences.
The College’s aim is to ensure that all its pupils achieve their full potential, regardless of differentiating needs. If a pupil has Special Educational Needs or Disability needs (SEND), the College will take every reasonable step to identify and meet them. Further information on the policy and provision for SEND can be obtained from the College. Pupils with SEND who do not have Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP), will be admitted on an equal basis with others in accordance with the College’s admissions policy.
Who are the best people to talk to about my child’s Special Educational Need?
Our SENDCo is Mrs Laura Mackie. You can contact her either via the College postal address, or by telephone or email.
Tel: 01769 580 215 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Mackie is available to talk to you about any issues you may have regarding the care and education of your child, including whether they may have a Special Education Need, whether their needs are being met, or anything in their learning plans. Please don't hesitate to get in touch.