To promote a sense of unity and equality within the College
To encourage self-esteem through personal appearance
To reduce the opportunities for individuals to be polarised
To preclude the wearing of clothing during normal College activities which might prove hazardous in certain situations
The uniform consists of:
- A plain white long or short-sleeved shirt
- College black box-pleated skirt, worn close to the knee, or formal, smart trousers, non-shiny, plain black with no adornments. No cord or denim. Legs essentially straight. Skin-tight (or skinny) trousers are not permitted. In the summer term only, formal plain black knee-length shorts may be worn.
- Plain black v-neck College sweater, from the College’s supplier, with College badge (optional)
- Black blazer, purchased from the College’s supplier, with College badge
- Tie in House colour
- Black or grey socks, no logos
- Sensible, traditional style, smart black, leather (or effect) shoes. No high heels or platforms. Trainers are not permitted. Variations acceptable on medical advice
- A sensible outdoor coat or jacket, essentially plain. No logos allowed
Jewellery. If ears are pierced, one stud in each ear may be worn. Also acceptable is one small neck chain and one small plain ring. No other jewellery may normally be worn. All jewellery must be removed for physical education lessons
Discreet make-up of neutral appearance is acceptable
We do not permit acrylic or gel fingernails or any form of coloured nail varnish
Only natural-looking hair colours are acceptable. We do not permit extreme length variations within hairstyles, such as undercuts or 'mullet' style with shaving around the ears
- Long-sleeved school games top (House colours)
- Black polo-shirt with school logo
- Black shorts (appropriate length - no Nike Pros)
- Training shoes (not boot style) non-marking soles only for PE
- Studded boots (worn on wet grass)
- Plain black football socks
- Shin pads for football and hockey
- Gum shield for rugby and hockey
- Long hair tied back; no jewellery
Optional: black long-sleeved under-layer; black plain tracksuit bottoms or leggings (plain lycra)
Please ensure all your items have your name on them!
All items should be NAMED and suitable for College, and there should be no extremes. If you have a uniform problem on a particular day, you should see your Tutor or Head of Year.
The College uniform supplier is Thomas Moore, 102/104 Fore Street, Exeter, Devon EX4 3JB or via their website, www.thomasmooretoymaster.com. Telephone 01392 255711.
The College celebrates religious and cultural diversity and every effort will be made to accommodate these differences within the Uniform Policy.
Jewellery. If ears are pierced one stud in each ear may be worn. Also acceptable one small neck chain and one plain ring. No other jewellery may normally be worn. All jewellery must be removed for physical education activities.
It is essential that an apron is worn in practical lessons such as Art and Technology.